Inspired by and dedicated to Trget;
Who totally came up with the name and is completely responsible for it.
We're happy to announce our next step in making the War Altar a welcoming and happy place. No, really. It's heavily inspired by (less kind souls might say blatantly stolen from) the Lost Hemisphere blog. Our intent is to provide a monthly round-up of our collective painting efforts. And by our, I mean both us and you, the gentle reader.
Here's how it works. People paint a miniature in their own style and send us a photo of their pride and joy. All the entries will be gathered and published (with commentary) in one giant post at the end of the month. Everyone gets to see new and shiny things.
The goal is a noble one. This is actually a very cunning plan to keep us all working through our pile of unpainted models, by giving everyone a venue for their work and some motivation to complete it. If you're proud of it, we're proud to display it. We don't care if it's not Heavy Metal standard, we just want to see what everyone is working on.
1) Each participant may only send in one entry for a given month. You can send in multiple photos of the entry but only one will be used.
2) The entry can be a single model or single unit. The smaller the unit, the more detail in the photo so aim low.
3) The model can be from any game system. If it's particularly esoteric, we'd appreciate a covering note explaining what it is.
4) The entry must have been finished within that given month. You can't submit completed pieces from your back catalogue.
5) If you want us to include a link back to more of your work, we'd be delighted to do that.
Submit your entries to email@example.com by 23:59 on the 28th of April. If you want to submit your masterwork earlier in the month, excellent, fire away.
Labels: Community, Irish Wargaming, Newbreed, Painting and Modelling, Preening Dandies, Wargames